What is consignment?
Consignment is an agreement in which a business accepts items for sale and agrees to pay the seller a percentage of the proceeds if and when the goods do sell.
Consignment is a terrific approach to reducing waste within the outdoor industry. Re-selling gear allows others the opportunity to purchase lower cost gear, which makes recreating more accessible - plus you get to make some cash in the process! Consignment reduces raw material usage, transportation emissions, and packaging waste created by new products - so you can now reduce, reuse, and recycle with Alpenglow Adventure Sports!
Local Customers have the benefit of dropping off items to be sold at either of our 2 store locations. You may bring a filled out Geartrade Seller Policy Form or request one from the Alpenglow employee receiving your items in-store.
Since both of our locations have very limited space, we will not have items on display at either location, but all items will be viewable on our Geartrade Page! All items will be sold through our Geartrade, so local sellers can have a larger audience to sell to online, and local buyers will also be able to avoid paying shipping by picking up purchases in-store!
Once your item has sold, you will be notified via email or preferred contact method. Sellers can request to receive either 50% of their items sale price in cash or to receive 200% of their items sale price in loyalty points with Alpenglow!
I am not a local, what about me?
We do offer consignment for non-local customers. All long-distance customers interested in selling items through our Geartrade must email [email protected] with a completed Geartrade Seller Policy Form and very detailed photos of the items they are interested in selling.
If the items have sufficiently met our criteria, then the customer is responsible for paying shipping to:
Alpenglow Adventure Sports
92 Main St
Orono, ME, 04473
- Sellers are responsible for setting the items’ sale price
- Items may not be soft goods except technical clothing, such as winter jackets, rain jackets, ski pants, etc. (up to 10 soft good items at a time per customer)
- Items that are missing parts, with heavy wear, or dirty will be disqualified from consignment
- Items must be Alpenglow Adventure Sports gear related
- Items must be in good condition and functioning properly (working zippers, no dog hair, clean and no holes or tears)
- Items cannot have business or event names embroidered on them (this is different from brand name)
- We cannot sell ropes, harnesses, or climbing hardgoods (i.e. cams, carabiners, grigris etc.) on consignment due to liability