What is consignment?
Consignment is an agreement in which a business accepts items for sale and agrees to pay the seller a percentage of the proceeds if and when the goods do sell.
Consignment is a terrific approach to reducing waste within the outdoor industry. Re-selling gear allows others the opportunity to purchase lower cost gear, which makes recreating more accessible - plus you get to make some cash in the process! Consignment reduces raw material usage, transportation emissions, and packaging waste created by new products - so you can now reduce, reuse, and recycle with Alpenglow Adventure Sports!
Local Customers have the benefit of dropping off items to be sold at our Bangor Location for Consignment.
Sellers can request to receive either 55% of their items sale price in cash or to receive 65% of their items sale price in Store Credit with Alpenglow!
I am not a local, what about me?
We do offer consignment for non-local customers. All long-distance customers interested in selling items through our Consignment Program must email [email protected] with a completed Consignment Agreement Form and very detailed photos of the items they are interested in selling.
If the items have sufficiently met our criteria, then the customer is responsible for paying shipping to:
Alpenglow Adventure Sports
Attn: Consignment Program
753 Stillwater Ave
Bangor, ME, 04401
- Sellers are responsible for setting the items’ sale price
- Items may not be soft goods except technical clothing, such as winter jackets, rain jackets, ski pants, etc. (up to 10 Consignment items per customer)
- Items that are missing parts, with heavy wear, or dirty will be disqualified from consignment
- Items must be related to the gear & sports Alpenglow Adventure Sports caters to
- Items must be in good condition and functioning properly (working zippers, no dog hair, clean and no holes or tears)
- Items must be washed before bringing into the Consignment Program
- Items cannot have business or event names embroidered on them (this is different from brand name)
- We cannot sell ropes, harnesses, or slings on consignment due to liability
- The Term of Consignment is 90 Days, upon which all unsold items will be pulled from the racks and returned to the consignor. We ask that all unsold items be picked up within 14 days of being notified. Items remaining in the store after 30 days of not being picked up will become the property of Alpenglow Adventure Sports and most likely donated to Charity.
- The seller agrees to leave the item(s) in consignment for a minimum of 30 Days unless otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing.
- Alpenglow Adventure Sports reserves the right to refuse items and to cancel this agreement at any time during the consignment process. At which time the item(s) will be retrieved by the seller.
Consignment Acceptance List:
***All Customers are Limited to 10 Consignment Items***
- Camping & Hiking Equipment
- All Season & 3-Season Tents
- Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping Pads (In Good Working Order, No Holes)
- Internal Frame/Frameless Packs
- Summer Technical Apparel (Patagonia, Rab, Eddie Bauer, Outdoor Research, Etc.)
- Winter Technical Apparel (Patagonia, Rab, Eddie Bauer, Outdoor Research, Etc.)
- Outdoor Footwear (Hiking Boots, Approach Shoes, Outdoor Sandals)
- Climbing Shoes (Must have at least 50% of their life left, no holes or resoles needed)
- Climbing Hardgoods (Gently Used, We will not accept ropes, harnesses or slings)
- Modern Headlamps
- Stoves and Camp Cooking Equipment (2000 & Newer)
- Climbing Guide Books & Literature
- Ice Axes/Tools/Crampons
- Ice Screws & Pickets
- Climbing Holds
- Drybags, Stuff Sacks, Storage Sacks
- Snowshoes (Must not have any broken parts/pieces)
Gear We're Not Taking:
- Snowboards & Skis
- Snowboard & Ski Boots
- Snowboard & Ski Bindings
- Paddling Gear (PFDs, Paddles, Helmets, Etc.)
- Cycling Clothing & Gear
- Casual Clothing & Fashion Brands (AE, Abercrombie, Nike, Adidas, etc.)
- External Frame Backpacks
- Tents & Camping Gear older than 2000
- Sneakers, Casual, & Dress Footwear
- Winter Hats, Gloves, Buffs
- Fleeces from non-outdoor brands
- Car & Bike Racks (Thule, Yakama)
Alpenglow Adventure Sports Reserves the Right to Deny the Acceptance or Return any consignment products at any point during the consignment process
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns about the consignment process.
Get Your Gear Ready To Be Resold:
Footwear - Clean the soles and outside of shoes so they can be free of all dirt. Shoes with BAD ODORS will NOT be accepted, so clean the insoles too if need be.
Apparel - All zippers must be functional and in working order; clothing must be washed and free of major stains; there must not be any rips, tears, or holes in the garments.
Camping Equipment - All Camping equipment must in good working order, there must not be any missing pieces; Backpacks must have working zippers, be free of holes, and no broken buckles or straps; Sleeping pads must be free of holes, have working valves and still hold air for an entire night.
Climbing Gear - Climbing hardgoods must be free of dirt and rust; must not have "sticky" or gummed up triggers or gates, carabiners must have working locking mechanisms.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Items:
Alpenglow Adventure Sports is not responsible for reimbursement of lost, stolen, or damaged gear. In the unlikely event that you item(s) become lost, stole, or damaged, the situation will be delt with on a case by case basis. Compensation will never exceed the terms (65% in store credit and 55% of the asking price in cash.)
How To Check Your Account & Status of Consignment Items:
To check your consignment account and if any of your gear has sold, please send an email to [email protected] or give us a call at 207-866-7562. We will then be happy to let you know the status of all sales and the balance on your account.
Consignment items will be held in our store for 90 days. After the 90 days if the product(s) hasn't sold we will reach out to you regarding the status of the item(s). Products that haven't sold will need to be retrieved by the seller within 14 days, if the product is still in our possession after 30 days from the time we reached out, then the product will become the property of Alpenglow Adventure Sports. The product will then be sent to charity as a donation. If you don't want your item(s) back after 90 days you can let us know and we will be happy to donate it for you.
Loyalty Points, In-Store, and Online Sales:
We love giving our customers Loyalty Points for all sales and purchases, however with this consignment program customers will not be able to use loyalty points on products and gear that have been consigned. Consignment gear is also excluded from all instore and online discounts & sales. If you have any questions, please give us a call or send an email to [email protected].