Ortovox Ascent 22 Avabag
The Ortovox Ascent 22 Avabag is their extremely light avalanche backpack: including the AVABAG system (the airbag system developed by ORTOVOX) and cartridge, it weighs only 1950 grams.
The light and sensationally compact airbag system weighs in at just 690 grams*. Another special feature of the AVABAG system is the activation training: you can practice activating it again and again without the cartridge attached, so that you can be well prepared for an emergency situation.
One reason for the low weight of the ASCENT 22 AVABAG is the use of extremely light but abrasion-resistant materials such as 100D Robic Ripstop polyamide. But this airbag backpack is not only light – it also provides a high level of wear comfort. The foamed 3D back system distributes the weight evenly between the hip fins and the lightly padded shoulder straps. Features such as a circular frontal zipper that provides quick access to your equipment, as well as a diagonal ski attachment, an ice axe holder and a rope fastening, make the backpack what it is: a technical, ultra-lightweight avalanche backpack for challenging ski tours.
*Weight fluctuations of +/- 4% may arise during manufacturing.
The advantages of the AVABAG system at a glance:
- extremely light and sensationally compact airbag system
- activation training without cartridge
- handle design optimized for activation: the handle can be gripped with any type of glove, and is suitable for both left and right-handed users
- removable and compatible with all ORTOVOX AVABAG backpacks
- no electronics
The ASCENT 22 AVABAG Backpack including operating instructions and the AVABAG unit.
The AVABAG UNIT includes:
- activation unit
- activation handle
- pre-tension tools
- Removable helmet net
- Release grip height adjustable
- Key holder
- Rope attachement
- Bright Inside
- Diagonal ski fastening
- Access to main compartment: front
- Ice axe and hiking pole fastening
- Snowboard and snowshoe attachment
- Hydration system compatible
- Locking clasp (hip belt)
- Holder for safety equipment
- Safety leg strap
- Circumferential zipper
- Chest strap with signal whistle
- Water-resistant zipper
- Emergency card
- Side snowboard/snowshoes fastening
- Extremely lightweight
- Polyamide 420D Oxford HD + Polyamide 100D Robic Ripstop