Kahtoola NANOspikes® are designed for use on icy and snow-packed roads, streets and urban trails. Ideal for transitioning on and off dry pavement, tungsten carbide spikes will not significantly wear down with repeated impact on pavement or affect gait and/or stride.
- Spike Design - Made from tungsten carbide, each spike is extremely wear-resistant for use on pavement without affecting foot strike, and is held in place with a lightweight aluminum anchor, while a surrounding TPU cleat provides added traction and shock absorption.
- Reinforced Eyelets - Reinforced using durable TPU inserts to ensure longevity, each patented eyelet allows the elastomer bands to be lighter and stronger, preventing tearing along the harness and at connection points.
- Traction Plates - Upward-facing traction ensures NANOspikes® stay in place against footwear.
- Dual Compound - Using TPU construction, a softer compound provides wear-resistance, flexibility and aides in snow release, while a harder compound near the spikes disperses force against the shoe’s sole.
- Toe Bale - Highly flexible with recessed connection points, the toe bale secures the foot’s position at the front of the shoe for added comfort, preventing the toe from pushing through the front of the elastomer harness.
- Raised Heal Tab - Allows for easy pull-back and removal.
- Elastomer Harness - Low-profile, extremely durable and ergonomically shaped, the elastomer bands are constructed from TPE for a secure fit and remain stretchy down to -30°F.
- 10 spikes per foot (on all sizes)
- Spike material: tungsten carbide
- Pack size: 6 x 4 x 2.25 inches (54 in3)
- 2-year warranty
- Tote sack included
- Care Instructions: Wash with lukewarm water and air-dry (do NOT dry with heat). Ensure the product is clean and dry before storage. Inspect before each use.