The ultimate travel game! The Pocket Disc Bocce Sack Game kit is 1/2 the weight of one official Bocce ball. This kit comes with 2 sets of 4 matching balls. Each of the two teams in the kit have two hard packed Rollers and two lightly stuffed, floppy, Kerplunkers which serve as blockers. This adds a new strategic twist to our ultralight spin on traditional Bocce. Play from family rooms to campsites, dorms to tailgates, backyards to beaches, break rooms to bars. Simply throw the Pallino (the 9th ball which is smaller and is the target) wherever you like that round and have at it- on the coffee or picnic table, under the chair legs, over your shoulder, wherever!
- Can be played anywhere
- includes storage pouch
Unlike regular Bocce, our game kit weighs just 1 lb. which happens to be half the weight of just one
ocial Bocce Ball. So take your new ultralight Bocce game anywhere and have a blast – inside the
family room, at the campsite, beach etc and you won’t need a court. Simply throw the Pallino wherever
you like that round and have at it.
• Divide the balls into 2 teams by color.
• Teams can be 1 on 1 or 2 on 2.
• Flip a coin for who goes first.
• Winner of the coin toss throws the Pallino (the smaller Pelotie ball) first.
• That person then throws their first ball.
Alternate turns until all balls are thrown.
Each team throws one ball. The team who’s ball is farther from the Pallino must keep
shooting until they land one that is closest, then the other team goes. Always, the team closest to the
Pallino will wait until the farther team has shot all their balls or gets one closest, at which time the other
team goes, and so on...
The winner of each round is determined by the team’s ball that is closest to the Pallino. Once that is
decided upon, the winning team will get one point for each of their balls that are closer to the Pallino
than the opposing team’s closest ball. The winning team will always get at least one point but could get
up to 4. Too close to tell visually? The game pouch has a drawstring that can be used as a “measuring
tape”. Compare the two balls in question by stretching the string from the Pallino to each ball to see
which is closest.
The next round the other team throws the Pallino and goes first. Continue flip flopping
rounds until one team gets to 12.
The winner of the round throws the Pallino and goes first.
Tips and Maneuvers & Variance:
1. Unlike classic Bocce Ball where you must use a court and a specific shooting area, in our
Bocce game, its the choice of the team throwing out the Pallino what that round looks like...
Throw the Pelotie (Pallino) anywhere you like – on the couch, the coee table, down the hall...
migrate around the house, yard, campsite, etc over the course of the game.
2. If you are closest to the Pallino, consider landing your next shot to act as a blocker to prevent
the opponent from knocking your closest ball or the Pallino out of the way.
3. You can knock your opponents closest ball away from the Pallino.
4. You can knock the Pallino to a position that is closer to your balls and farther from your
5. Each team has two tightly stued balls called Rollers and 2 floppy ones called Kerplunkers.
The Rollers are great for items 3 and 4 above while the Kerplunkers are good for #2 and for
drop shots that you don't want a lot of movement on after they hit the ground.
6. Master your english – backspin and topspin and sometimes side spin all will serve you well
Take your kit everywhere you go and have fun!
At Pocket Disc, Every Day We Play!