Acadia Mountain Guides AIARE Level II - New Hampshire
The next step in self-sufficiency in the mountains!
- Who’s it for?
- The AIARE II is a three-day course for those who have taken an AIARE I and Avalanche Rescue and have had at least a year of backcountry travel experience. The AIARE II provides backcountry leaders the opportunity to advance their avalanche knowledge and decision-making skills.
- Where do we go?
- Our New Hampshire courses are based at the Quality Inn, Gorham, NH for the classroom portion. For the field portion of the course, we will utilize terrain in/around Tuckerman Ravine as well as local Granite Backcountry Alliance glades.
- Who are we, and why should you take our course?
- Acadia Mountain Guides is the longest standing avalanche education provider on the East Coast. Led by IMFGA guide Jon Tierney we have been teaching avalanche courses since 1986 and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
- Participants must have the ability to travel in avalanche terrain.
- An AIARE 1 Course (strongly recommended) or equivalent Level 1 training is required.
- A winter of practical experience after the Level 1 course is highly recommended
- AIARE or AAA approved one-day Avalanche Rescue Course
VISIT THE LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION: